Halogen lights not only chew through the power, they are also a significant fire safety risk in homes and businesses. Smart owners are investing in the conversion of halogen downlights to LED downlights — and reaping the rewards. LED is the latest development in lighting technology. It gives great clear light with none of the downsides of traditional halogen lights.
Why convert to LED?
- Save up to 75% on lighting costs.
- Reduce fire risk — poorly installed halogens are one of the leading causes of fires in Australian homes.
- Longer service life — Halogen bulbs service life is not much better than traditional incandescent bulbs. LEDs last at least 4 times as long as Halogens.
- Dimmable LED lighting.
- No expensive renovations required. LEDs can fit into existing Halogen cavities.
- Reduce your carbon emissions.
- Instant on lights — no warm up neededEnvironmentally friendly disposal — LED lights have no toxic chemicals, unlike fluorescent and traditional incandescent bulbs.